Hmm, this would work better if I knew how to put pictures in here. Anyway, this is the Arte y Pico award (click to see the picture), and these are the rule:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for creativity, design, interesting material, and general contributions to the blogger community, no matter what language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award-winning blog has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the ward itself.
4) Each winner and each giver of the prize have to show the link of the Arte y Pico blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) To show these rules.
I guess we’ll stick to medical blogs, so here are my nominations (from those who haven’t been named yet):
1. Ten Out of Ten, for his witty observations on life in the ER.
2. Anesthesioboist, a musician who is also an anesthesiologist and a mother.
3. Suture For A Living, a blog that combines beautiful quilts, medical stories, and some of the most educational posts in the medical blogosphere.
4. Happy Hospitalist, for his honest and all-too-depressing explanations of real-world economics and their impact on medicine.
5. Agraphia, an eloquent and funny blog by a medical student (good luck with step 2, Zac!).
Sorry for the lack of illustrations, I’ve been putting this post off for too long, and if I wait to figure out the technology, it will never happen. Go read those five blogs. They all have beautiful graphics in addition to good writing.